New York, April 21, 2022 — DataArt, a global software engineering firm, today announced that it has partnered with iReality to build a new generation real-time tracking system for horse racing, which will stream information at record speeds.
The new cloud-based intelligent data analysis network can capture over 400,000 points of data per second per sensor, and streams information faster than currently available video transmission methods. This makes it possible to accurately track horses and jockeys to instantly update race data, boosting follower engagement.
The technology can revolutionize sports media and the sports betting industry, making any sport fully digitalized. Lots of data that used to be unavailable can be gathered now using StarController technology. Bettors, fans, trainers, sports media, and club managers will all reap the benefit: it will now be possible to check position, speed, acceleration, and every single muscle movement of any athlete in any game. Bettors will be able to check the stats of in-game performance to find any correlation they need to make a bet - predicting the winner by maximum speed after the first 10 seconds of the race or by correlation between weight and average air temperature.
Bo Klevenstedt, co-founder and iReality owner, said: “My fellow iReality founder, Magnus Tuononen, and I came up with the idea for this system long ago, but the technology to deliver our vision only recently became available. When it did, we partnered with DataArt because of their breadth of expertise and commitment to quality delivery. The beacon-based approach used to date is not very accurate. Moreover, the operating costs are very high, and the beacon needs to be checked and tuned before each event. Together we set out to produce something superior.”
Klevenstedt continued: “In contrast to the beacon approach, we identified a scanning solution that can be part of a racetrack. Once deployed, it can work for long periods without attention. What is even more important, it helps to capture the movement of the whole object.”
Igor Kozhurenko, Managing Director, DataArt Middle East, said: “We are very proud to work with iReality to create a game-changing solution in sporting event digitalization as this technology can revolutionize sports media and the sports betting industry, as well as ice hockey, football, and other sports. Now, for the first time in history, the sport industry is can use complex algorithmic Big Data and StarController, an AI product based on laser technology.”
iReality is a provider of data solutions that helps partners monetize and protect their racing with real-time sensing data solutions, analytics platforms, and race vision interactive services. iReality has recently started to provide a sensing and tracking data platform for the Swedish Horseracing Authority, the governing body of Thoroughbred and Arabian horse racing in Sweden.
- The new cloud-based data analysis and intelligent network can capture over 400,000 points of data per second per sensor and streams the information faster than currently possible with video transmission.
- The development of the new iReality technology was made possible with LIDAR coming to market. This LIDAR makes it possible to scan an area with 8 laser beams in 360 degrees at a speed of 400,000 points per second.
- The primary use of LIDARs was to capture landscape around a specific point.
- iReality approached DataArt to find out if it was possible to accurately track moving objects with LIDARs and build a final solution if the test showed promising results.
- DataArt proved the technical potential of LIDAR usage for moving object real-time tracking, using a cyclist in the office backyard as a target. The concept worked fine for a single target but capturing several objects at the same time required a system of LIDARs, an additional camera, and six months of development time to create a workable tracking algorithm.
- The new technology can work with any number of LIDARs and cameras and included an administration management panel and incident resolving system.
About DataArt: DataArt is a global software engineering firm that takes a uniquely human approach to solving problems. With over 25 years of experience, teams of highly trained engineers around the world, and deep industry sector knowledge, we deliver high-value, high-quality solutions that our clients depend on, and lifetime partnerships they believe in. Headquartered in New York City, DataArt now employs over 5,800 professionals in 20+ locations throughout the US, Europe, and Latin America, with clients including major global brands like Unilever, Ocado, NASDAQ, Turquoise, Flutter Entertainment.